Thursday, January 29, 2009

Send Me

I found a new song. Funnily enough, a friend of mine was listening to it at the same time I was. We were traveling in different parts of town in our separate cars and she emailed the lyrics to me the next day without even realizing I had heard it too. It's so awesome how God places the right people in your life when you are walking through your personal journey. The song is from the group Downhere called, "Here I Am." It is a song of surrender, but also a song of trust. I love the middle of the song:

"Here I am, Lord send me
All of my life, I make an offering,
Here I am, Lord send me
Somehow my story is a part of Your plan,
Here I am

When setbacks and failures, and upset plans
Test my faith and leave me with empty hands
Are You not the closest when it's hardest to stand
I know that You will finish what You began
And these broken parts You will redeem
Become the song that I can sing."

What truth is in that! All of our broken parts will be redeemed by our great Victor! Somehow, each and every story from each and every person will be used as a part of His plan if we will surrender ourselves to HIM alone. Here I am Lord, send me. Do with me what you will. Let my story glorify Him in the telling.

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad to read your story. I have loved you a long time and you have been on my mind often through the years. I pray for you often and will continue to do so. Now I will just a few more specifics to lift to the Heavenly Father.

    ReplyDelete